At MutualBank we offer our customers many different ways to communicate with us regarding the products and services offer. One of those methods is email and we would like to focus some attention to helping you keep your email accounts safe.
We have seen an increased number of customers who have had their email accounts compromised…in other words someone has gained unauthorized access to an email account. From there someone can attempt to initiate fraud using your email account. However, by following some easy steps you can secure your email account to make it less likely to become compromised.
Steps to securing your email account:
- Frequently (every 45 to 90 days) change your email account password.
- Do not click on links inside of an email from an unknown source.
- Do not write your email password down anywhere visible even in your own home…if you need to write your password down please keep it secured in a wallet or purse.
- Make sure your computers have virus detection/removal software such as the ones listed below and that they are updated frequently.
(Many times your Internet Service Provider provides these tools free of charge.)
- Remember that if something in an email sounds too good to be true…it probably is.
- Only share your email with friends on social media sites making sure that it’s not visible to everyone on your public profile.
MutualBank does not endorse the products listed below, but are provided as examples of free anti-virus/malware detection and removal tools.
Remember, you can call us anytime. Let us know if you have questions or concern for your bank accounts. Call 800-382-8031or email firstname.lastname@example.org.