You’ve made it through Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, holiday gift exchanges, holiday dinners, family gatherings, post-holiday sales, gift returns, refunds, exchanges and you ask yourself now what? Well, there’s no doubt that during all of the holiday festivities that you have most likely used your MutualBank debit cards, credit cards, and checks.
You’ve probably used your MutualBank financial tools more over the last several weeks than the previous couple of months put together. This means unfortunately there are more opportunities for fraud to occur during the holiday season. Fraudsters and hackers are always attempting to get bank account information, especially during the holidays. One of the most important resources MutualBank has are our customers. That's why you will see us continue in the fight to protect consumers against fraud.
You are part of our front line defense against consumer financial fraud. Our job is to make sure that our customers, like you, are informed to protect their financial assets against fraud. A simple first step is to make sure that you know your spending habits. The easiest way you can do this is to carefully review your bank and credit card statements that cover the holiday time period.
Tips on reviewing your holiday spending:
- Use your statements or MutualBank’s Personal Online Banking…are you signed up for eStatements yet?
- Look for extra charges from retailers that you visited.
- Pay close attention to your online purchase listings.
- View your cleared checks to make sure that they were not altered in any way to change the payees or dollar amounts.
- If you see any debits or charges on your statements that look suspicious please notify our Customer Support area immediately by email or by calling 800-382-8031. Additionally, we welcome you to stop by any of our locations!
If you are a victim of online fraud you should also file a complaint at the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
Like what you read today? Stay tuned. At the beginning of every month, we’ll provide you with new security tips. Just one more way we’re trying to help you live a better life!